As winter continues to hit us with Nor’easters and random snow storms, we thought it would be a great time to give some last minute tips on Mastering the Scarf
Men should wear scarves for two reasons, functionality and flair.
- Function – Simply put, scarves do an excellent job of protecting a man’s neck. A thick wool scarf can keep your neck warm on a cold New York morning, or a lightweight linen scarf can protect your neck from the sun and sand while on holiday in Dubai
- Flair – Scarves can add a strong element of style. If you are wearing a brightly colored scarf to introduce color to an otherwise bland outfit or wearing a light-weight scarf indoors instead of a necktie, the man doing so needs to be very comfortable in his own personal style.
When tieing a scarf, remember there are several different ways to do so. However, your scarf should reflect your unique style. Follow these four simple tieing tips, and you will Master The Scarf
- Keep it simple – only tie knots you are comfortable wearing–confidence is everything.
- Scarf length & thickness can limit knot style options.
- A scarf is not a necktie–keep it loose.
- Function first–fashion second.